Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a Sr. Program Content Writer to provide excellent program writing for IJM’s OSEC programs in IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (the Center), with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children globally. This role is expected to contribute significantly to the Center’s objectives of (1) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), (2) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries, and (3) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors.
The ideal candidate is a leader who brings significant experience writing clear and persuasive professional products, including innovating based on topic, audience, and objectives. The ideal candidate will help the Center become a leader in showcasing our accompaniment, consulting, activation, and educational products to ensure IJM is the world’s leader in developing and scaling products to help drive the impact of criminal justice system response to violent crimes committed against the poor. This position also ensures all written products are professional and supported by existing research, including through the use of IJM collaborative casework, training, and system reform data.
This position reports to the Lead, Program Management, Center, Global OSEC Hub, Asia Pacific Region, and is based in Manila or Cebu with occasional travel within the Philippines.
- Provide regular communications to supervisor on progress in Center project development
- Persuasively communicate in products with Center partners and stakeholders to influence their response to OSEC in line with IJM’s Theory of Change
- Prepare well-organized and persuasive written products to key stakeholders, including technology companies and other relevant industry players
Networking & Partnership:
- Network and partner with IJM subject matter experts within the Center, OSEC Hub and other regions to identify content for and develop Center products, accounting for varying partnership management policies and activation objectives of other teams
- Maintain collaborations with product developers and writers in other IJM regions, Hubs, and Global to learn cutting-edge product writing techniques, new content and share same.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Analysis and technical writing to support the development of products based on documented program impact of the Philippine OSEC program
- Support the development of M&E aspects of the Global OSEC Hub related to productization
- Data analysis and related research to support the development of products for industry and law enforcement institutions.
Events and Logistics:
- Support the development and presentation of IJM Center products during events, matching language, key concepts (UN SDGs etc) as needed.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator to deliver timely products for global conferences, fora, webinars and other key projects.
Training and Development:
- Work closely with SMEs and Center leaders in developing written content to support trainings of partners, including for IJM-led or Partner-led field programs
- Support training coordinator and other staff in repackaging IJM product content for online or in-person trainings
Policies & Procedures:
- Identify best practices in product development and content writing and support creation of policies and procedures for product development and content writing
- Incorporate all IJM Global and OSEC Hub communications and writing branding and messaging policies, and recommend improvements to same based on Center experiences
- Support tracking of Center products in the development phase with Subject Matter Experts
- Support developing content writing timelines and product development plans
- University degree in International Development, Public Policy, Economics, Public Health, Criminal Justice, or another related field
- At least three years of experience in professional writing
- Proven written substantive and published writing experience, with persuasive writing experience preferred
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and activities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant publishing software
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in Southeast Asian countries preferred.
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Knowledge of standards relating to professional writing, citation, grammar;
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.