Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking an experienced Social Worker to provide quality social work services to clients under IJM’s case management and ASO frameworks, empower clients to achieve restoration in safety and strength. As IJM Cambodia’s only direct aftercare services provider and client case manager, this role is responsible for advising IJM leaders on current issues, gaps in service provision and trends in client needs to inform partner engagement and government advocacy.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for case management of a caseload of clients according to IJM’s ASO and treatment plan framework.
- Provide input to Investigators and the Head of Casework at the case analysis stage, helping to determine which cases/clients are suitable for referral to partners and which clients/cases should be taken on by IJM’s Casework team;
- Provide clients with crisis care and support at the initial stages, ensuring immediate needs are met and victim-friendly practices are used by government officials, liaising directly with MoSVY/DoSVY staff, police, etc.;
- Bring clients into the Aftercare program with their informed consent and develop needs assessments and treatment plans according to IJM’s Aftercare framework and standards;
- Assess client communities and map potential service providers;
- Provide direct services to clients throughout their treatment plan where appropriate, and work with the Partnerships team to identify service providers for specific services as needed;
- Help prepare clients for engagement in the criminal justice system, accompany them on key engagements in conjunction with the Senior Coordinator, Casework and Client.
Networking & Partnership
Responsible for networking to ensure a strong web of support around case-managed IJM clients, and for contributing to the Local Survivor Network project.
- Work closely with the Partnerships team to identify service providers for clients;
- Develop strong relationships with key service providers, including employers, vocational training and other educational institutions, counsellors, partner NGOs, etc. to ensure ongoing and comprehensive service provision to IJM clients;
- Support the creation of the Local survivor network, identify potential clients to join the network, and provide input into developing survivor voice in program design and activation strategies.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
Responsible for timely, accurate and thorough data gathering, data analysis, data entry, aftercare reports, etc.
- Entry of services and all client-related activities into IJM’s case management system;
- Regular analysis of data to ensure full records exist for each client;
- Data analysis enables trends to emerge which inform program decision-making and enhance programming.
Education & Experience
- Master of Social Work;
- At least three years’ experience providing case management aftercare services to survivors of TIP;
- Experience providing community-based aftercare strongly preferred;
- Experience working with MoSVY and DoSVY required;
- Experience connecting clients with individual service providers including businesses/ private sector, faith-based institutions and local grassroots organizations strongly preferred.
- Client case-management;
- Trauma counselling training and skill;
- Deep understanding of trauma and survivor needs in the Cambodian context, specific to TIP;
- Knowledge of the operations of MoSVY and DoSVY and the NCCT Guidelines on Identification of Victims of TIP;
- Knowledge of victim support services in destination countries including Thailand and Malaysia;
- Proficient in the use of cloud-based case management systems/databases, understanding of basic M&E principles and practices;
- A compassionate and committed social worker;
- A natural bridge-builder and networker;
- Proactive and able to self-direct;
- Organized, process-oriented and logical;
- Calm and courageous under pressure;
- Committed to IJM’s culture of Christian spiritual formation;
- Passionate about IJM’s mission in Cambodia, the region, and globally.
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application includes: Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.