Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM has an exciting opportunity to support a critical and innovative technology project. We are seeking a business analyst to work on the global rollout of our Justice Data Solution (JDS), which will be built on the Salesforce Sales, Service and Community Cloud platforms. This individual will facilitate requirements gathering, backlog/ request management, testing during sprints and training for our field office staff. They will act as the liaison for frontline users to communicate and validate business priorities and system design for the Salesforce platform.
This position will be based in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to super users on the JDS system so that they can own the operational aspects of the system and support their end users on operational transactions.
- Engage with business partners and super users to gather, write, and qualify requirements. Create clear requirements documentation for user acceptance, cross functional roles and guidance for external consultants (as needed)
- Work with business partners on all new requests to determine urgency and solve all urgent problems quickly. Ensure all non-urgent requests are updated as such in backlog for prioritization.
- Design knowledge base articles for new users and super users on new functionality in key systems. Empowers super users to own the system and guides them to develop UAT scripts.
- Actively engage as a member of sprint team with assigned sprint responsibilities, configuration changes during sprints, UAT during deployments and communication/change management plan with PMO, to ensure 90% completion documentation, testing and user stories in sprint cycle.
- Qualifies defects/enhancements, monitors ticket queue & escalates to System Administrators. Maintains low volume ticket queue and ensures clear tracking of new enhancement requests in the backlog.
- Provide on-site (in country) support for critical training, go-live events and rollouts.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education, experience and certification
- Ability to work within designated time zone to support specified Regional users during their office hours
- 3-5 years of professional work experience
- 1+ years of work experience in SDLC or equivalent experience as a super user
- Experience in an Agile work environment preferred
- Experience in Salesforce or other Object-Oriented Database required
- Experience writing UAT criteria or scripts for technical system requirements preferred
- High proficiency in Excel or with other data analysis tools preferred
- Cross-cultural or remote work team experience preferred
- Fluency in English as well as Spanish is required
- This role may have up to 25% travel during the first two years in support of the global rollout
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Please send your resume, Cover Letter, and Statement of Faith* in one document to Ginny Foran at email@example.com.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.