International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
Information and communication are among the most vital pieces of securing justice for victims of violent oppression. Supporting these systems has a direct impact on the work of International Justice Mission’s (IJM) global staff. IJM is seeking a professional and dynamic individual, motivated by faith and the biblical call to justice, to join the Global Service Desk team that provides technology support for staff across IJM’s global offices in 5 regions worldwide. This successful candidate will be an effective technical problem solver, be customer service driven and provide support for a growing global organization.
This position is based in Guatemala City and will report to the Senior Manager, Global Service Desk and have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Senior Manager, Technical Training & Adoption.
General Service Desk Support
- Provides first level support to resolve problems with IT services and applications by meeting customer service standards (i.e., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly);
- Proactively troubleshoot hardware and software issues including, but not limited to: Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems; Windows Server, Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, LAN/WAN connectivity, workstation and laptop hardware components and peripherals, and network printing;
- Provide support, deployment and configuration assistance for Apple and Android-based mobile devices;
- Accurately tracks and routes escalated incident and request tickets providing thorough documentation of troubleshooting, history, and resolution;
- Receive and configure new desktop and laptop hardware;
- Familiarity with video conferencing and A/V management.
User Account Management
- Assist in provisioning and deprovisioning of user accounts in Okta, Active Directory, Salesforce, Workday, and other IJM applications & services.
Documentation and Training
- Develop knowledge-base solutions for IJM software, systems, and processes;
- Develop training and eLearning materials in accordance with IT Training standards.
- Collaborate with project teams to implement adoption and change management strategies.
- Conduct online and in-person knowledge sharing and training sessions with peers.
- Maintain good documentation through helpdesk ticketing system and systems documentation processes; and
- Develop and deliver training to staff on new systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- IT college degree preferred; will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience providing technology and analytical support
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a service desk or IT support function;
- 1 to 3 years of training across culturally diverse audiences;
- Possess working knowledge of client/server technology, network protocols and the skill sets to troubleshoot end-user workstations;
- Operational proficiencies in Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Office 365, network support, and printer management;
- Familiarity with concepts of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, CMDB, Service Requests and their practical application is required;
- Proven experience managing incidents and requests through a service desk platform. Experience with ServiceNow preferred;
- Proven experience supporting cloud-based applications;
- Experience with remote desktop support software;
- HDI & ITIL foundations certification preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to deliver training to both technical and non-technical users;
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Possess desire and ability to analyze problems to find the best solution for both hardware and software systems;
- Ability and desire to work independently with administrative capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion with minimal oversight;
- Ability to effectively manage time according to changing priorities both self-discovered and as directed; and
- Adept at providing quality customer-service and training to a variety of constituencies.
- Application Letter and Declaration Of Faith*.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Four references: 2 of direct bosses, 1 of a colleague or subordinate, and 1 of a pastor or spiritual mentor.
Those Interested Should Send Their Application Preferably To:
*What Is A Declaration Of Faith?
A Declaration Of Faith describes your Christian faith, and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM. This should be sent as a separate document and should include a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc) and your actual involvement in a discipled church/a church that you attend. Also, it should include why and how God is relevant in your life and how this permits you to live as an authentic Christian.