The IJM Social Worker within the Survivor Services Team is responsible to develop and implement IJM's strategy for social service provision for survivors of Trafficking in Human Beings (THB). IJM is committed to a trauma-informed and multi-disciplinary response to trafficking; thus, the Social Worker will work closely with internal and external stakeholders across a range of professional disciplines, particularly law enforcement, prosecution, governmental and nongovernmental social service providers, and will strengthen trauma-informed responses within each of these sectors. The Social Worker will collaborate strategic partners at the national, regional, and community-level social welfare officers, safe shelters, and other civil society organizations that provide social services to ensure the protection, recovery, and empowerment of survivors of THB. The Social Worker will assist in the development of strategies to strengthen coordinated social service provision where gaps are present. This position will work with the Survivor Services team to establish best, trauma-informed practices for case management for survivors of THB and maintain excellent records of IJM clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
Networking & Partnership
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with DGASPC staff, shelter staff, and other stakeholders to ensure safe placements and/or community reintegration, effective case management and seamless provision of services to survivors of THB.
- Accompany IJM social worker to multidisciplinary meetings with a variety of government and non-government stakeholders and promote coordination between agencies on cases of THB.
- Develop and maintain an effective network of contacts within the health, social service, and community development sectors for the benefit of survivors of THB.
Training and Development
- Assist in translation of training materials from English to Romanian.
- Plan logistics for meetings and trainings with - partners throughout the country.
- Collaborate with the IJM Survivor Services team to provide trainings on case management and service provision to government and non- government stakeholders with a focus on trauma-informed approaches.
- Empower survivors of THB towards restoration by conducting holistic assessments to evaluate survivor strengths and vulnerabilities including the safety of the home and community environment, developing individualized care and safety plans and ensuring their implementation to address vulnerabilities and critical needs, coordinating psychosocial services for survivors, monitoring and reporting survivor progress towards defined psychosocial goals and assessing sustainable safety at the time of case closure.
- Provide court preparation and support to survivors of THB alongside other members of the IJM Survivor Services team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work.
- Experience coordinating with social service providers.
- Capacity to develop and deliver trainings in English and Romanian to government and nongovernmental agency partners.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with ability to quickly learn and consistently use IJM software systems for accurate documentation and maintenance of case files both digital and hard copies.
- Registered and in good standing with the National College of Social Workers.
- Strong understanding of trauma and proven- application of trauma-informed approaches within case management and/or clinical interventions.
- Ability to establish relationships with multi- - disciplinary stakeholders and willingness to participate with all members of the law enforcement and justice system team.
- Fluent in written and oral communication in Romanian and English.
- Excellent writing, documentation and reporting skills, including the ability to maintain digital records and generate high-quality reports on all casework interventions, stakeholder interactions, etc.
- Passionate commitment to IJM's work, mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
- Full-time, 40 hours weekly.
- Ability to travel within Romania and within Europe, up to 40% of the time.
- Romanian driver’s license preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities for the position.
Please submit a cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position along with a current CV to email@example.com Renumeration will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and until the position is filled. It is anticipated that initial short lists will be developed within two weeks of publishing this notice. The advertisement will remain open until the position is filled.