Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a Sr. Coordinator to provide excellent administrative support for IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (Center), with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children globally. This role is expected to support the Center’s objectives of (1) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), (2) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries, and (3) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors.
This position will provide all administrative and logistical support to the Center Executive Director and full Center Team located globally across different time zones and regions. The position will also lead and facilitate the design and implementation of Center-wide special events, calendars, team meetings, team building, always achieving the event purpose on time and within budget.
This position is based in the Philippines and reports to the Executive Director of IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children.
- Take and disseminate effective meeting notes to all Center staff as prioritized by the Center’s Executive Director.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate office-wide calendar for team engagements, meetings and events.
- Liaise and coordinate with other IJM offices, including specifically joint events, deadlines for all-organization wide requirements and meetings.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Support the Center team with JDS data entry and data management.
- Support departmental and team data organization and management needs.
Events and Logistics
- Manage logistics for Center staff travel and accommodations (reservations, costing, planning, coordination).
- Support trainings (in collaboration with the Sr. Training Coordinator) and partner engagements, specifically any planning, preparations, and partnership coordination.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
- Prepare and/or support Center Team members in preparing Finance documents consistent with Finance requirements for vendor set up, including related to new contracts and consultants.
- Prepare credit card reports and bill payments, coordinate with Finance.
Clerical and Administration
- Manage Center Team calendars for team events, engagement and meetings aligned to the Center’s priorities and Executive Director’s guidance.
- Support the Center team’s transition to the Workday system by providing information, guidance and advice.
- Manage the Center’s contract and other key documents repository on Sharepoint, providing completed contracts to HQ and APAC Legal.
- In collaboration with People Support business partner, facilitate the full use and enjoyment of employee benefits for Center Team members.
- Coordinate with APAC or other People Support teams as needed to facilitate Center staff based outside of the Philippines’ receipt and use of employee benefits.
- Facilitate and foster staff participation in quarterly prayer, daily individual stillness and corporate prayer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in high-function administrative capacity, project coordinator, program management, research, or related experience;
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones;
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and activities, balance staff time and competing priorities;
- Highly proficient computer skills (Zoom, MS Teams, WhatsApp, Workday, JDS, etc);
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in APAC countries preferred;
- Facilitation and collaboration;
- Proactive and highly organized; and
- Knowledge of standards relating to professional writing, citation, grammar.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively;
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Patient, flexible, and persistent;
- Unfailing integrity and honesty;
- Effective team player and leader;
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision;
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor;
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting; and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.