Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM Colombia is seeking a Sr. Coordinator, Human Resources. This position will partner with office leadership to develop and implement people strategies that align with IJM´s vision, objectives, and values. A successful candidate will focus on a holistic, end-to-end—recruitment-to-retirement—cycle for all candidates, employees, contractors, alumni, and volunteers, considering all the contributors to worker satisfaction, engagement, wellness, and alignment. This role will also define and champion an office culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership.
This position is based at Bogotá, Colombia and reports to the Country Director.
- Recruit, develop and retain high-performing team members: provide clarity around roles, develop and motivate staff, capture employee feedback continuously, and facilitate effective team dynamics, thus creating a positive, motivating experience at work;
- Champion our onboarding and new hire orientation process, ensuring a deep understanding of and alignment with IJM´s vision, mission, culture, values, and best practices;
- Develop and implement a set of strategies managers use to inform and track performance, creating a feedback-rich culture;
- Ensure that all performance reviews are aligned with the goals and values of the organization, assessments are being completed in a manner that provides actionable quality feedback to individuals and to the organization to differentiate, reinforce, and reward talent;
- Identify employee concerns, monitor overall employee satisfaction, and partner with leadership and employees to develop and implement action plans;
- Implement and lead various change management initiatives (e.g., communications, education, team development, coaching);
- Direct the design, planning and implementation of organizational and leadership development programs, policies, and procedures;
- Ensure the Country Office complies with relevant legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Function as a strategic advisor to the Country Director regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related discipline;
- A minimum of five years of experience in HR;
- Three years’ experience supporting or leading the design and implementation of comprehensive end-to-end—recruitment-to-retirement—cycle;
- Extensive experience influencing and gaining commitment from individuals, teams, senior leadership or other key stakeholders;
- Proficient in English and fluent in Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to establish rapport quickly;
- Ability to gain the trust of others and consistently act with integrity and authenticity;
- Possesses the ability to inspire change and influence without authority;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate and facilitate conversations effectively with other team members;
- Must have strong active-listening, consultative, and problem-solving skills; and,
- Adaptable, resilient, flexible and is an early adopter of necessary change.
Send your resume and cover letter in a single document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who meet the requirements for the position will be contacted.