Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Procurement Sr. Coordinator provides the contractual and vendor management support in line with the strategy and direction of regional procurement operations, supporting the enterprise alignment of vendor strategy and implementation in Workday. This position reports to the Procurement Lead (Regional Accounting Services) and will support the work of justice by participating in the essential business functions of accounts payable and expense management primarily for the Region. The success of this role is measured by ensuring that all procurement transactions can be effectively, quickly and competitively undertaken through Workday in such a way as to serve IJM’s mission to build protection for those in poverty. This will involve ensuring the following in all Country Offices where Workday is available for use: communicating effectively with suppliers, supporting the purchase order to delivery cycle, and preparing document audits and reports within global procurement policies and procedures.
- Communication with Suppliers on invoicing and delivery
- Maintain a close relationship with regional and country level leadership, program and financial management staff for the purpose of collaborating to find enhanced processes and guidance for effectively supporting field financial operations and division goals.
- Assist with preparation of contracts and working closely with leadership teams and outside Suppliers to meet project requirements
- Provide input and help support punchout list
- Assist IJM staffer with creating Purchase Orders within policy guidelines
- Work through exceptions on Purchase Order receipt variations
- Partner with AP teams to answer any inquires related to Purchase Order vs Invoice
- Adhere to company Procurement policies
- Drive process improvement initiatives and foster a customer service culture, including reporting on KPIs and communications with stakeholders, develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Timely procurement of approved requisitions.
- Consistent use of preferred Suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in Workday and contract repositories as indicated by IJM (region and global)
- Accountable for Workday data compliance.
- Work closely with Procurement Lead and accounting teams, including ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Bachelor’s in accounting or equivalent degree; professional qualification preferred
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- At least 3 years’ experience as line level manager, with a minimum of 2 years in purchasing division, or any other related position
- Financial and numerical skills
- High-level of attention to detail
- Articulate communicator, able to make finance and accounting concepts and processes clear to fellow accounting professionals and non-accountants alike
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with people from diverse cultures and disciplines.
- Mature Christian faith with proven ability to lead others in Christian spiritual formation
- Interpersonal skillset with strong networking ability
- Exceptional collaborator with diverse teams
- High credibility with staff and partners
- Customer service excellence
- Experience with Workday or similar ERP systems is essential
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.