Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Regional Vice President, Forced Labor Slavery Hub, Asia Pacific is seeking a Senior Lead, Grants & Partnerships, Forced Labor Slavery Hub, Asia Pacific.
This position is based in the Asia Pacific region and reports to the Regional Vice President, Forced Labor Slavery Hub, Asia Pacific.
- Drive resources to IJM’s programs in Asia Pacific through grant acquisition processes in collaboration with FLS Hub, Advancement Offices, and the Global Grants team, including development of compelling project narratives, logical frameworks, and grant budgets; and
- In collaboration with regional advancement and program teams, proactively position IJM for new funding opportunities with potential partners, and work with FLS Hub teams to identify potential implementing partners to prioritize for collaboration on new or existing grants.
- Manage new and existing grants through leading grant start-up up and implementation, reporting, ongoing monitoring and evaluation, budget management, sub-award management, and modification of grant timelines, deliverables and/or budgets, as needed;
- In collaboration with the Hub and FO program leads, facilitate development of detailed implementation plans, monitoring frameworks, and tools and systems to ensure optimal data capture, analysis and reporting for grants;
- Manage relationships with institutional grantors, in collaboration with other relationship owners from IJM Global Programs and Regional teams, and serve as a liaison between them and FLS country teams, guiding country teams to meet the requests of grantors in a timely manner;
- Ensure that FLS Hub Offices, and FLS Regional Vice President, Asia Pacific leadership, and Global teams as relevant, have timely and accurate analysis of grant performance trends, grant impact or partner performance, and/or updates on communications with grantors;
- Submit timely, accurate and compelling program reports for all assigned grants, and develop strategic communications to illustrate progress and impact for current and potential funders, as needed;
- Conduct periodic visits to the FLS Hub Offices to provide technical assistance, grant monitoring and capacity building support;
- Oversee management and monitoring of subgrantees, which may include providing guidance to project teams, conducting risk assessments, contract development and negotiation, reviewing program reports, conducting monitoring visits, developing and monitoring remedial measures, etc;
- Ensure grants are managed in accordance with applicable rules and regulations and internal policy; and
- Liaise regularly with Global Grants team and ensure all staff contributing to the grant are effectively trained on grant management.
- Collaborate with the Regional Grants Accountant (once hired) in developing annual grant budgets and quarterly forecasts for respective grants for Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Grants Management teams. Work with FLS Hub grant staff to ensure burn rate targets are achieved and/or variances are understood and explained;
- Work with FLS Hub teams and Regional Grants Accountant (once hired) to develop and maintain monthly detailed pipeline financial reports for grant portfolio; and
- Review monthly pipeline reports and ensure FLS Hub team uses them for decision-making.
- Serve as a link and a representative of FLS hub programs and priorities to IJM Global matrix teams, Regional teams, and external stakeholders;
- Facilitate and support joyful, cohesive, and effective collaboration between FLS hub teams and global and regional offices offering expertise and support;
- Provide materials and information regarding FLS hub performance on grant objectives and overall program strategy and priorities as requested to internal and external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with the relevant Advancement Offices to guide the organization’s external communications and messaging around new FLS Hub grant funding;
- Communicate lessons learned and success stories from grant funded projects to IJM and external stakeholders; and
- Represent IJM through engagement with regional and international stakeholders and participation in relevant meetings, webinars and other forums.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 5 years relevant professional work experience;
- Demonstrated success in managing large, complex, international grant projects and budgets;
- Experience in grant acquisition, including proposal writing;
- Experience in grant implementation, including compliance, reporting, grantor trust building and relationship management;
- Knowledge of standards relating to program design, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Prior international experience preferred;
- Knowledge of government regulations and requirements regarding international assistance strongly preferred;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English;
- Presentation and workshop facilitation skills; and
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Innovative, able to find and strengthen program efficiencies.
- Effective as a team player;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Proactive, creative problem-solver;
- Effective trainer and systems developer;
- Masters and represents technical content effectively to stakeholders;
- Flexible and productive under pressure; and
Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.