Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM is seeking a Sr. Lead for Program Management for its office in Perú.
The Sr. Lead for Program Management will facilitate and support the design and implementation of IJM’s justice system strengthening in Peru. The Sr. Lead, Program Management will work with the Country Director, and with each department in the Country Office to deliver project outcomes and ensure that the project remains on scope, schedule and resources. The positions will develop and implement programmatic strategy, implementation guidance, and operational and financial oversight.
This position is based at IJM’s Office in Lima, Peru, and reports to the Peru Country Director.
- Facilitate the design of project objectives, intermediate results and strategic approaches to achieve IJM’s protection goals in Peru. This includes leading design sessions and coordinating the gathering of data and information to develop a logical and informed project design;
- Define roles, responsibilities, timeline and milestones for the implementation of the Justice System Strengthening project in Peru;
- Guide the work of each department of the country office so that activities maintain alignment with the program design and services are timely rendered in accordance with the implementation plan;
- Represent IJM Peru in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, communicating IJM’s program objective and priorities and developing networks with implementing partners;
- Document and systematize successful interventions that can be shared with implementing partners and other IJM country offices;
- Coordinate the implementation of project monitoring tools, evaluations and studies, ensuring that protocols and study scopes are aligned with the project design and are implemented within established timelines and budgets;
- Monitor the country office budget, including any relevant grant budgets, and provide analysis to IJM Peru and Latin America leadership on spending trends and budget variations; and
- In collaboration with the Administration and Finance Manager, develop annual budgets and program and financial forecasts, incorporating inputs from the country office staff in the process.
- University degree in Management, Social Work, Social Sciences or related field. Master’s degree or PMP certification preferred;
- At least 5 years’ experience in program management or related field;
- Proficiency in oral and written English and Spanish;
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones;
- Experience working on and managing complex, development projects required; experience with NGOs and projects related to justice, violence prevention, system strengthening, or community development strongly preferred.
- Experience in budget management and monitoring of financial expenditures during project implementation;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; and
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Passion for IJM’s mission;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Organized and able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
This role does not provide an international expatriate benefits package therefore it is open for nationals or residents who have the legal capacity to live and work in Lima, Perú.
This position requires occasional travel to Latin America, United States, or other regions; candidates must demonstrate their ability to fulfill legal and health requirements to travel to those countries. Travel may last up to approximately 2 weeks at a time.
Only those candidates who meet the requirements for the position will be contacted.