Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM is seeking a Sr. Manager for Administration and Finance for its office in Perú.
The Sr. Manager, Administration and Finance, will oversee all finance and administration-related activities of the Peru Country Office. This position will work with the Country Director, Program Lead and Finance Lead to develop and monitor the country office budget, review expenditures, and ensure that office resources are used efficiently to achieve program objectives. This role will also ensure that all day-to-day logistics, technology and procurement activities are conducted in accordance with IJM financial policies and principles of good stewardship.
This position is based at IJM’s Office in Lima, Peru, and reports to the Peru Country Director.
- Oversee and manage all financial and administrative processes;
- Develop and establish accounting and financial management systems that allow for the effective monitoring and execution of the Peru country office budget;
- Lead the fiscal management and management of the bank account of the IJM office in Perú;
- Develop, adapt and apply financial policies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), the IJM Field Office Finance Manual (FOFM) and other locally required and applicable institutional policies and bylaws;
- Train country office team members regarding financial policies and procedures; implementing corrective actions when necessary and in coordination with the Country Director and HQ Finance Team;
- Supervise finance and administration positions in the office and coordinate with the Country Director to address HR-related issues;
- Manage the office administration budget, including information technology, telecommunications, outsourced services and all other office operating costs;
- Oversee the maintenance and/or repair of facilities and equipment with the objective of maintaining all resources in optimal condition;
- Oversee the purchase of goods and services to support office operations;
- Manage contracts and maintain strong relationships with suppliers of services and goods;
- Support the creation of grant proposal budgets by ensuring that proposal budgets have sufficient provisions to cover the administrative and operating costs of the office; and
- Facilitate the review of sub-recipient (sub-grantee) financial details, including budget preparation and financial reporting, and financial monitoring of sub-recipients.
- University degree in accounting, auditing, finance or business administration; Advanced/specialized studies will be taken into consideration;
- 7 years of progressive experience in financial or business management and financial planning;
- Experience in managing high-performing teams of finance and administrative professionals;
- Experience in non-profit organizations strongly preferred;
- Excellent understanding of management, accounting and auditing principles;
- Experience in handling financial systems related to accounting record keeping and enterprise resource planning (e.g. Quickbooks, SAP, Workday); and
- Excellent skills in planning, organization, analysis, multitasking and critical thinking.
- Passion for IJM’s mission;
- Proficient in written and oral Spanish and English;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Proven ability to solve complex problems;
- Self-starter: Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; and
- Professional demeanor demonstrated by commitment to producing results and being fully accountable for your work.
This role does not provide an international expatriate benefits package therefore it is open for nationals or residents who have the legal capacity to live and work in Lima, Perú.
This position requires occasional travel to Latin America, United States, or other regions; candidates must demonstrate their ability to fulfill legal and health requirements to travel to those countries. Travel may last up to approximately 2 weeks at a time.
Only those candidates who meet the requirements for the position will be contacted.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter in a single document to the following email address: email@example.com