Sr. Manager, Programs, IJM Ghana
Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian government agencies to tackle human trafficking by rescuing victims, ensuring perpetrator accountability, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and supporting public justice actors to strengthen systems that protect the vulnerable.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Programs. The role is responsible for delivering the programmatic goals of the Ghana national program on Forced Labour and trafficking. This role provides support to the executive leadership team on financial planning, forecasting and analysis in line with program design objectives.
The Senior Manager, Programs will ensure the quality of all deliverables and will keep the structure and design of the program under continual review. He/she will adapt and develop the program in line with research and monitoring data so that its impact is continually improved.
This position is based in Accra, Ghana (with occasional travel across the country as required) and reports to the Director, West Africa.
- Ensure high quality programme design, operationalization and implementation while overseeing development of coherent work plans with strategic prioritization and allocation of resources to deliver on IJM Ghana’s vision 2030 program plan;
- Manage the creation of detailed implementation plans and regularly revise in accordance with program progress and decisions;
- Manage detailed implementation of all grant-funded projects, including compliance with all grantor regulations;
- Lead quarterly program reviews and other program review meetings as needed to inform Ghana’s leadership on the status of the program and drive to decisions based on program analysis, in accordance with global guidance on program changes;
- Identify and propose areas for greater organizational effectiveness and develop best practices that will further the mission and strategies;
- Work with the Director, West Africa to ensure all staff members have a clear understanding of IJM’s Ghana program, objectives and strategic goals;
- Demonstrate and model IJM values in all decisions;
- Foster a team mindset and culture in the office and inspire the team to be effective and efficient and to pursue excellence; and
- Cultivate IJM’s brand and culture by celebrating and promoting organizational rhythms and core values.
- Master’s degree in Management or Social Sciences or a related field;
- Certification in Program Management;
- Experience in program management or a related field;
- Experience in working effectively with multiple teams and in a matrix reporting structure;
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Organized and able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Strong management skills with high levels of energy; and
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative, and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment;
- Adept at creative problem solving;
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression;
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Patient and able to work well under stress;
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively; and
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment.
Please submit Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and Statement of Faith* in one document to email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document which should not more than a page, and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
What does IJM have to offer?
IJM offers competitive salary within industry standard, as well as other benefits such as medical insurance and a staff care package.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.