Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM is seeking an experienced Sr. Safety & Security Coordinator for its field office in Yangon, Myanmar, to provide technical and operational expertise in security management. The Sr. Safety & Security Coordinator will design and coordinate the implementation of sound security practices; enhance the safety and security of IJM staff and assets; and minimize operational risks. The successful candidate will have experience in physical, protective and operational security.
This position is based at IJM Field Office in Myanmar, Yangon area and reports to Director of Operations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive security strategies and operational protocols for IJM Myanmar Office personnel, program and property in accordance with IJM Global security protocols;
- Design, implement and give update to staff in security, evacuation, critical incident response and contingency plans;
- Train and equip all IJM personnel and visitors with the necessary security knowledge and skills;
- Liaison and conduct recurring reviews and examine of security procedures, policies and systems by adapting and adjusting according to the changes of environment, climate, economics, health and country context/situations; and
- Develop, maintain, and leverage key relationships with government, commercial and NGOs/INGOs security professionals in Myanmar.
- Bachelor’s degree in security management or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing security operations, preferably for non-profit or international organizations; and physical, protective, and operational security
- Proven ability to design, successfully implement and review tactical security operations in the field;
- Expertise in the analysis of security threats, risks and vulnerability in Myanmar;
- Experience in crisis management;
- Experience training security officers and contractors;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural environment;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook; and
- Valid driver’s license.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English and Burmese;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving;
What does IJM have to offer?
- Health, Personnel Accident insurance
- Annual vacation leaves 12 days per year
- Casual leaves up to 6 days
- Public holidays (plus Good Friday, Christmas Eve)
- Daily, quarterly and annual community spiritual formation
- Robust staff care resources
- Medical reimbursement
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by December 15th, 2021. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only completed applications will be reviewed.
Send Job Application Form, Resume, IJM Cover Letter and Copy of Certificates By E-mail (preferred method) to: email@example.com