Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a talented Sr. Training Coordinator for IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (Center), with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children globally. This role is expected to support the Center’s objectives of (1) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), (2) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries, and (3) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors.
This position shall be responsible for providing logistics, administrative, and partner management support for Center external trainings. The Sr. Training Coordinator will develop and maintain relationships with counterparts within IJM and partner organizations; oversee logistics for all Center training programs and support data entry and analysis for related programming. Occasional regional travel may be required.
This position is based in either Manila or Cebu, Philippines.
Training and Development:
- Coordinate with IJM subject matter experts about training materials and the content of the trainings.
- Work with local partners on contextualizing existing IJM trainings (if conducted outside of the Philippines).
- Draft reports and output from training events, round tables, and related activities (pre-event and post-event).
- Manage the development of new trainings in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Coordinate vetting processes for trainees as appropriate.
Events and Logistics:
- Manage and support all logistics of operating various IJM trainings.
- Coordinate with Sr. Coordinator (Center) on training calendars
- Organize communications necessary to conduct trainings, including about travel and lodging, or technical logistics.
- Collaborate with IJM’s internal communications teams on messaging related to trainings to external audiences.
- Draft communications pieces in collaboration with Brand Media and Communications.
- Coordinate release of communications and advocacy pieces in collaboration with Center teams and Brand Media and Communications.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Conduct best-practice research on other similar trainings that are conducted to implement into IJM trainings.
- Manage the monitoring of training effectiveness, producing and implementing pre/post training tests, surveys, and other data collection tools.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Input necessary training details and results into JDS
- Organize the successful documentation of events and feedback that occur during the trainings, including minutes of the meetings, necessary reporting materials, etc.
- Documentation to support training impact assessment presentations and products.
- Ensure regular communication with Center team about training planning and implementation.
- University degree in International Development, Public Policy, Economics, or another related field preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in trainings or events programming
- Proven experience in event planning, logistics, and coordination activities
- Proven writing experience, with persuasive writing experience preferred
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to achieve goals and activities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in Southeast Asian countries preferred.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.