Survivor Support and Security Liaison Representative
Who We Are
IJM is a global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in 33 offices in 23 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable. IJM collaborates with government partners to rescue victims from slavery and other forms of violence. Together with governments and authorities, we support the prosecution of perpetrators and transform justice systems to combat violence in a sustainable way. In Romania, our work is focused on slavery within Europe and, more specifically, human trafficking from Romania to western European countries.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Survivor Support and Security Liaison Representative (SSSLR) is responsible for supporting the survivor services and security teams with survivor interactions of human trafficking.
The SSSLR will be responsible for escorting staff and survivors both within Romania and internationally as directed by Country Director and Investigations and Security Lead.
The SSSLR will have an in-depth knowledge and engage with victims to help assess their needs, develop security assessments and be able to implement crisis intervention tools to engage victims in a trauma informed manner.
The SSSLR will be an experienced driver able to drive vehicles within Romania and in other European countries.
The SSSLR will work with the security team and support the team with security and survivor focus.
The SSSLR will support the Romania National Office Security Plan development with support from the Investigations and Security Lead.
The SSSLR works in close collaboration with the Safety and Security and the Survivor Services teams of Romania and to counterparts across the globe.
This position is based at IJM Romania in Bucharest and reports to Country Director and Investigation and Security Lead (full time 40h/week).
- Working in partnership with the service survivors and security teams in interacting with vulnerable victims of trafficking and other NGOs and relevant partners.
- Engaging with victims in a trauma-informed manner when accompanying them for social, legal and law enforcement proceedings.
- Assess the risks of victims and complete any required actions in accordance with the service procedures and policies.
- Identify multiple venues/ locations for IJM/Survivor meetings, conduct risk assessments and security plan for each venue.
- Maintain security communications equipment.
- Assist the service survivor team in implementing victim service survivor plans.
- Provide weekly updates to supervisors.
- Develop operational risks assessment and create and execute tactical plan for moving the client as necessary.
- Experience working with law enforcement, NGOs or witness protection and ability to sensitively engage with both female, male and minor victims of trafficking.
- Qualification in the field of victim counselling/assistance or professional experience in this area is preferred.
- Social Worker qualification preferred.
- Qualification in the field of law enforcement, security and proven professional experience in this area is preferred.
- Resilience and ability to work on emotionally challenging issues and with traumatized individuals.
- Ability to work under stress and pressure while maintaining a sustained positive attitude.
- Spoken and written fluency in Romanian and English required.
- Valid Romanian driver’s license, international license preferred.
- Experienced computer-user proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working with people in crisis situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment/ risk management.
- Team player and team oriented across multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrates servant leadership and the values of IJM
- High levels of self-motivation and personal initiative
- History of building effective intra-organizational alliances
- Creative and energetic problem solver
- Extremely high levels of honesty and integrity
- Ability to work well under stress and deadline pressures with a sustained positive attitude
- Attention to detail; organized and disciplined with priorities
- Passionate to combat human trafficking, rescue victims and hold offenders accountable
- Ability to cope with material or situations that may be of an explicit or distressing nature
- Ability to deal sensitively with victims, using a trauma-informed approach.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to attract others in executing tasks.
- Ability to create and conduct good operational risks assessment as well as tactical plans and to deliver mission briefs.
- Excellent driving capabilities as well as proven expertise in Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
- Sound knowledge of CPR and First Aid Maneuvers.
- Excellent writing, documentation and reporting skills, including the ability to maintain digital records and generate high-quality written reports.
What does IJM have to offer?
- Comprehensive Medical benefits
- 24 days annually paid leave
- Daily, quarterly, and annual community spiritual formation
- Robust staff care resources
Please email resume and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org