International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Human Resources and Administrative Assistant to support and enhance the human resources and administrative activities of the Bangkok office. The Human Resources and Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Human Resources and Administrative Manager to provide administrative support and assist him/her in day-to-day operations. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in all HR functions
- Assists in recruitment and selection process: Post on job advertisement via various channels, proactively seek out for candidates for open positions, maintain application and candidate database, coordinate for interview and reference check;
- Compensation and benefits: Assist manager to analyze, monitor and implement; competitive package and facilitate for welfare and benefit for employee;
- Employee activities: Initiate and coordinate for activities that increase staff relations and
- team building;
- Training: Assist manager to analyze data for recommendation of the staff training needs and training year plan and facilitate all the training process;
- Time sheet record: Facilitate for time sheet and submit to Finance in a timely manner;
- Performance Management: Ensure that all Performance Managements (probation, midterm and year-end) are completed on time and accurate according to IJM system and procedures;
- Support Admin Team when needed by providing administrative and receptionist support, including answering the telephone, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or
- referring various administrative tasks and inquiries;
- Developing relationships with vendors, negotiate agreements for services, and calls for bids;
- Coordinating for travel arrangements, draft agendas and correspondence;
- Maintaining the condition of administrative assets and equipment;
- Managing minor purchasing and the procurement of office equipment and supplies;
- Managing office mail in and out;
- Providing support to international staff for work permit and visa.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum one year experience providing HR and administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment; two to three years’ experience strongly preferred.
- Good written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Superior ability to manage large number of tasks simultaneously and proven ability to consistently meet deadlines with excellence.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
- Deadline: Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A complete application includes: IJM Job Application Form, and CV.
- A complete application can be submitted to: BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org.