International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Guatemalan national to provide support in the development of all program management, evaluation and innovation project deliverables, from project initiation through close out, to support projects through the innovation lifecycle, from ideation through to successful launch and scale out. This will include but not limited to project briefs, charters, plans, progress reporting, issue management, budgeting management, communications planning, procurement planning, project monitoring processes and project close out. This role also has responsibility to build staff capability across the project management discipline.
In this program role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate how IJM works in Guatemala to secure rescue and relief for victims of sexual violence, to protect the vulnerable, to mobilize and empower churches and communities to protect and advocate for victims and at-risk children, and to ensure that public justice systems work for the poor. This position is based at IJM’s field office in Guatemala City and reports to the Director of Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Management of strategic initiatives
- Lead field office and partner teams in the implementation of result- and behavior-focused projects. Foster innovation, agility and adaptability on the part of personnel involved in program execution. This is accomplished through the influence of leaders, project managers and staff to achieve outcomes;
- Align new and existing initiatives to program objectives, using creative thinking, innovation and flexibility to achieve goals;
- Provide coaching, guidance and support for new initiatives as needed;
- Establishes standard tools and templates and works with teams to align all existing process maps to these standards;
- Facilitates business process and/or project management workshops to provide focused capacity and capability for project teams;
- Ensuring that the delivery of outputs measure up to defined quality, timing and budget commitments;
- Identifying, monitoring and driving resolution of all program risks and mitigation plans;
- Resolving program issues or conflicts by removing barriers, direct communication and escalation to the appropriate persons as necessary;
- Reporting status, progress, risks & issues of the program at regular intervals to IJM Leadership. Creating simple and easy to understand reporting mechanisms;
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise; and
- Collaborate with relevant IJM HQ departments in the design of new projects and redesign of existing projects.
Management of evaluation projects
- Manage different evaluation consultants and contractors, ensuring the accomplishment of every project / study objectives in terms of quantity and quality;
- Facilitate the establishment of performance targets and the development and implementation of plans and evaluation frameworks by field office personnel and partners upon request;
- Support field office leadership in making strategic decisions about design, budget, and staffing of projects;
- Coach and mentor evaluation staff on the appropriate ways to collect and analyze data in performance management systems to ensure data quality, effective decision making, and accountability;
- Conduct feedback sessions with evaluation teams following key program milestones and disseminate best practices and lessons learned. Facilitate all-office Quarterly Program Review meetings; and
- Oversee execution of evaluation projects, ensuring all objectives are accomplished as expected in terms of quality and quantity.
Management of Evaluation Data
- Manage and produce evaluation reports and informs to donors, field office and HQ. Provide data to internal and external parties upon request;
- Provide knowledge to all IJM field office units, from learnings found in the different evaluation studies results, supporting more strategic decision-making;
- Work closely with the Information Intelligence Specialist, ensuring all data collection is able to be easily systematized (real time when possible), analyzed and presented in innovative ways;
- Work closely with the M&E Manager, providing information on performance studies execution and feedback;
- Consult with field office leadership and partners on both new and existing project designs;
- Identify and propose areas for greater organizational effectiveness and develop best practices that will further the mission; and
- Ensure that team decision-making reflects said data and other pertinent information, and that design adjustments are made as warranted on a timely basis.
Field Office Liaison
- Act as the liaison among the various technical groups in the field office and external evaluation teams, creating synergy as well as processes for effective collaboration, coordination, and information flow.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires travel, principally to and from Guatemala, and occasional travel to Quetzaltenango, Alta Verapaz and Escuintla.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in project management, business administration, management science or related field (or equivalent experience);
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to succeed in a fast-paced working environment;
- 5+ years’ experience leading Project Management;
- Experience leading both operations and project-based teams;
- Ability to lead through collaboration and influence the different teams to gain alignment and participation in planning and reporting out on achievement of objectives;
- Ability to build productive relationships with business stakeholders and external partners of varied backgrounds and experiences;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and virtual influencing skills;
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and ability to present well to a variety of audiences;
- Proven ability to design and deliver complex portfolio of programs and projects across disciplines and cultures. Ability to scope projects and programs and manage the associated executives on an ongoing basis;
- Excellent effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish for all organization level audiences; and
- Technology oriented person, with experience in implementation of evaluation projects using information systems.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- A passion for the mission of protecting the poor and vulnerable from violence;
- Effective as leader;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Proactive, creative problem-solver;
- Interest in driving innovation and change;
- Flexible and productive under pressure;
- A passion for developing and promoting staff;
- An experienced learner who values curiosity over certainty; and
- A bias toward continuous improvement.
Apply online with application form; resume; cover letter and statement of faith*.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your faith in Jesus Christ and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.