The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing
victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength and
helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts. It is one of the world’s leading
NGO’s in the struggle against modern day slavery, human trafficking and violent oppression.
IJM UK supports the global mission by:
- Raising awareness of the issue of everyday violence against the poor and IJM’s unique and proven solution.
- Rallying all people of goodwill across the UK and Ireland to the fight, equipping the Christian Church and individuals to live out the call to justice.
- Raising financial resources for our work.
- Using our unique global experience to influence leaders to strengthen the UK’s response to injustice, both at home and overseas.
IJM is a Christian organisation inspired by God’s call to love all people and to seek justice for
the oppressed. IJM protects the poor from violence, without regard to religion or any other
factor, and seeks to work alongside all people of goodwill. We are passionate about helping
the global Christian church move into active, joyful and effective service on behalf of victims
of violent abuse.
Summary Aims of the Role
To work with communications and finance teams within IJMUK to provide a high-quality
donor experience, including the timely and accurate processing of donations and effective
communication with supporters to ensure they are valued.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Supporter Relations Administrator will work within the Business Support team at IJMUK with the following specific responsibilities:
- Working alongside the communications team, write and administer thank you letters and emails to acknowledge donations received.
- Working alongside the finance team to process and post income.
- This involves running and analysing reports from multiple giving platforms, posting income onto IJMUK’s CRM system and liaising with donors and banks.
- Liaising with donors when regular donations have ceased or skipped, to identify the reason and encourage continuation, alongside the associated processing on IJM systems.
- Liaise with volunteer fundraisers to provide them with support for their event and ensure these are recorded accurately on the CRM system.
- Undertake donor analysis to support informed strategic and tactical decision making.
- Work with the Business Support and other relevant teams to answer supporter queries.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Business Support team.
- Undertake ad hoc small speaking engagements to Christian groups as required.
- Engage in the work of justice through prayer and support the Christian spiritual development of the IJM team through participating in the IJM UK Quarterly prayer and team days and annual day of solitude.
- On a daily basis attend corporate prayer and practice individual spiritual reflection every morning.
- To lead daily corporate prayer times, on a rotational basis.
- Attend and contribute to the effective execution of IJM events as required, including the Regional Prayer Gathering and IJM Gala in London.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- At least two years’ experience in administration, preferably in the charity sector.
- Strong communication skills with proven writing ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to use a CRM system, preferably Donor Strategy.
- Valid employment rights to work in the UK.
- There is a requirement for the job holder to have a personal commitment to the Christian faith (as defined by the Apostles’ Creed) as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith and will be promoting the organisation’s Christian identity and spiritual formation practices*.
- Structured and organised in approach with strong planning skills.
- Professional in demeanour, with discretion and mature judgment.
- Someone who thrives in a busy working environment.
- Works well managing multiple tasks.
- Effective as a collaborator in a team and trustworthy colleague.
- Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s goals.
- The candidate will be expected to respect, uphold and work within IJM UK’s Christian faith-based ethos.
Contract and Compensation
- Position is permanent and full time with a 3-month probationary period.
- Limited travel may be required within the UK, which may include occasional weekends, where time off in lieu (toil) is offered.
- Compensation details available on enquiry, comprising a salary plus 6% pension contribution. IJM UK is a positive and fun work atmosphere and offers the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of the global poor.
- The position is based in Essex.
Please apply by email submitting the following:
- Covering letter of one page, explaining why you are suitable for and interested in this post. Please demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities meet the requirements of this role and why you are interested about the work of IJM.
- Curriculum Vitae with relevant experience.
- Statement of Christian Faith - up to one-page description about your faith journey and current spiritual disciplines.
- Closing date for applications: 15th January 2018
Subject line: Supporter Relations Administrator.
*This post is subject to a genuine occupational requirement that the holder be a Christian under Part 1 of
Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.