Learn more about the work of International Justice Mission and what the Bible says about injustice by completing the following assignments. We hope you’ll learn a lot and have fun doing it!
1. RESEARCH to find out more about IJM. Find the answers to the following questions on IJM.org or other resources. Write them down..
What is IJM’s mission?
Where does IJM work around the world?
What is modern day slavery?
How many people are estimated to be enslaved today?
2. RESEARCH what the Bible says about injustice. Find at least three verses in the Bible that talk about God’s desire for justice for the oppressed, especially vulnerable people like widows and orphans. Write them down. Then, answer the following questions and record your answers.
What do these verses teach you about God? How does God respond to injustice?
What do these verses teach you about you, as a child of God? How should we respond to injustice?
Host a virtual or socially distant gathering to share what you’ve learned with family, friends and neighbors! Prepare a presentation by completing the activities in the “learn” section above and following the steps below. Have questions? Email an IJM staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
1. Download the powerpoint template to get started.
2. Fill in the slide template using what you’ve prepared and learned already. Your presentation should have at least the 10 slides below, but you can add more if there’s something else you want to include.
Slide 1: Welcome
Slide 2: IJM’s mission
Slide 3: Where IJM works
Slide 4: The reality of modern-day slavery
Slide 5: IJM’s overview video
Slide 6: What the Bible says about injustice
Slide 7: Share a story of freedom by playing Gowri’s story video, or you can read or retell Diya’s story that you read in assignment 3.
Slide 8: Share the poem you wrote in assignment 4 in response to Diya’s story.
Slide 9: Get involved - Join IJM as a prayer partner!
Slide 10: Closing – Take time for questions or reflections from your guests about what they’ve learned.
3. Practice your presentation at least once before your gathering and test all the videos to make sure you’re ready. Remember if hosting on zoom that you’ll need to share your screen and your audio before playing a video as part of your presentation.
4. Think about how to make your gathering even more special! Consider making mango lassi pops—if you’re hosting your gathering virtually, you could even drop them off ahead of time on the doorsteps of your attendees.
5. HOST your event! Gather at least five people together and present what you’ve learned. At the end, invite your guests to become IJM prayer partners. Collect their first and last names and email addresses and enter them in at IJM.org/AHGpray.